Rockshox fork help

Corbeau

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all, found one of these in the local used sales, just trying to find out more about this particular Judy fork. Looking for something to upgrade my partner’s bike which has the Judy C on it....and trying to see if this is an upgrade, or downgrade... ;).

Tried the inter webs but didn’t come up with much other than it’s potentially a ‘99 or ‘00, but wasn’t sure....

Thanks!

Attachments

• C61B249A-A20C-4FD3-95D6-9683CE94B99C.jpeg
    C61B249A-A20C-4FD3-95D6-9683CE94B99C.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a Judy XC to me. The first Judy C fork was released in 1997 I think although they're pretty rare (Cream sliders with blue stickers). The main differences with the early forks were steel as opposed to an aluminium steerer and the lack of a damping cartridge.
Chances are those Judy XC fork are superior to the Judy C but it does depend a bit on which year they are both from.

Thanks! The ones she has on now are this vintage of the C: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/rock-shox-judy-c-not-retro-really-but-cheap-£15-postage.353543/

I can take a look at the serial, which digit would give me the year?

I'm not sure if it is possible to date Rockshox forks by serial number. Must be an expert on the forum somewhere.
You're probably best taking them apart to see what the internals are like and how much travel they've got, rather than going by the year.

The Judy C are newer (brace) 2001/2 ish changed over.

Other are a year earlier (2000 I think)

probably not much in it other than weight. Bit past my time of remembering the specs. You can look them up.

Serial number, if it has it on the crown, the first two are the year so 01xxxx is 2001 etc At least as far as I can remember.

Back