Rock shox Judy service - Searching for part!!!

Rank_21

Retro Guru
Finally I’ve been motivated enough to service a Judy from 1997 - first hopes were new elasto’s, cleaning, oil - job done and on to the other Judy Xc I’ve also got to do. If only. The previous owner had nicely smooshed in the elasto from neglect resulting in 2 bushings/seal things getting stuck in the tube which I forcibly had to remove. Looking at the manual, the part is no’20 upper shaft guide. It holds a seal, that will also need replacing.
Hoping someone might be able to give a piste in replacing it. The seal, I might be able to find locally or order from an ebay seller. But this plastic part looks difficult. From research it appears to be a double ended flanged bushing. I’ve found similar shaped parts on nylon pulleys but nothing in this size. 25x7mm, 10mm inner for the shaft. Anything spring to mind?

Attachments

• 732C2D11-4042-4A69-8CA0-8E8D4F34C034.jpeg
    732C2D11-4042-4A69-8CA0-8E8D4F34C034.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 14
I'll have a rummage, I've a few bits left over from when I had various Judy forks and was servicing a rebuilding. Will let you know if I find anything.

Sorry, slim pickings and not got the bit you need I'm afraid.
Thanks for looking. This fork probably deserves to be tossed out, but the long steerer makes it ideal for a marin team issue i’m building with long head tube.

what's it made of, do you have a set of calipers to take detailed measurements and is it load bearing?

what's it made of, do you have a set of calipers to take detailed measurements and is it load bearing?
Hello yes I do. Load bearing..well it sits between the catridge and the elastomers/MCU. From What I can tell it doesn’t, mearly acting as a « shaft guide » with a seal. possibly to stop oil contamination between catridge and elastomers. Would be cool to use this as a starting point for 3D modelling and printing it. Can’t tell what type of material, I’m not too familiar with plastics, My guess would be Nylon.

Latest posts

Back