Sorted JUDY upper shaft guide

Rank_21

Retro Guru
Hello, whilst servicing a 97 RS judy from 1997, this part (No 20 Upper shaft guide) was really stuck inside the lower tube and I ended up having to bash it out along with another part. It’s a little damaged and I’m guessing with it’s seal, it important. I found a seal off someone on ebay so that shouldn’t be an issue. Anyone have that as spare? Thanks

Attachments

• 4515A39F-D7E6-4B33-B829-F2979DCA2DEF.jpeg
    4515A39F-D7E6-4B33-B829-F2979DCA2DEF.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 8
Are you still looking ?

I’ve plenty of Judy bits - and can look at the weekend for you I seem to have hoarded them over the years everything from early Mag10’s to DHO’s- and now moved on to decoration the walls in my home office with them including a swary into Ronds. …..

No Z1’s in the collection otherwise I’d have to strengthen the floor

These are still in the man cave ….

Spud IMG_0861.jpg IMG_0860.jpg

Last edited:
Are you still looking ?

I’ve plenty of Judy bits - and can look at the weekend for you I seem to have hoarded them over the years everything from early Mag10’s to DHO’s- and now moved on to decoration the walls in my home office with them including a swary into Ronds. …..

No Z1’s in the collection otherwise I’d have to strengthen the floor

These are still in the man cave ….

Spud
Hi yes I am still looking. I’m waiting for some new Mcu’s to arrive, and I’m going to see if I can use the mangle one inside. IF that doesn’t work then it‘d be great to get a replacement. It looks like the same piece was in the 94/5 judys too which I’m also servicing, though its nylon coloured instead of black.

I think I've got both and yes as far as I can see they are identical
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not replying. I ended up chucking it back in. Since it was on the neutral shaft side and not holding any oil, it seems to be working. All in all fairly simple to rebuild, cartridge was a messy one but got there in the end. Thats a serious collection you have there!

Back