Rock Shox FSX Brace Material?...

superdan1984

Dirt Disciple
Hello peeps,

Was wondering if anyone knew what alloy the brace bracket on the 1995 fsx forks is made out of?

Mine's got a crack on it, but i've got a friend who's got the gear to laser cut me a new one.

So if anyone knows what it's made from that'd be a big help

The Mag-Version had a titanium brace. The later Judy-version it was Aluminium, I think. I can check tonight.

This is the version i've got, if that's any use?

Attachments

• mqz-N-OV8Th7EptFBX_AMOWqS_9eIIwVeseOJEj3cgy5d_KuM10YLbjrw5gf14MlwznINn3I7zV6h8xJX925qh1yzxSJc2...jpg
    mqz-N-OV8Th7EptFBX_AMOWqS_9eIIwVeseOJEj3cgy5d_KuM10YLbjrw5gf14MlwznINn3I7zV6h8xJX925qh1yzxSJc2...jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello peeps,

Was wondering if anyone knew what alloy the brace bracket on the 1995 fsx forks is made out of?

Mine's got a crack on it, but i've got a friend who's got the gear to laser cut me a new one.

So if anyone knows what it's made from that'd be a big help
You would need to do more than laser cutting to these.

I am in the process of making some of these arches as well. I will be doing both V and Canti style. Pre-orders will start shortly once testing is finished.

For anyone that remembers, didn't they make a second version of the brace, a bit beefier to reduce the cracking near the bolt.
(you'd have though they would have learnt from rockshox when they used sunk bolts with the early mag series.)

Personally I would alter the design to take shallow cap heads. No point in making more cracktastic braves.

You would need to do more than laser cutting to these.

I am in the process of making some of these arches as well. I will be doing both V and Canti style. Pre-orders will start shortly once testing is finished.
Hi there, would you be able to post me a link to pre order? Also, how much for the v version, and when could i expect to get 1 by?

Back