Roberts Dogs bolx

It’s a great bike, I’m interested to see what it sells for, I have a 93 DB in the same colour. Tough market for selling high end retro mountain bikes at the moment.

If you want 3K (top whack!) for a bike you need to be prepared to create a decent listing. Lots of good photos showing all the bike from numerous angles/details and do a proper description and breakdown of components. It’s a lovely bike but not worth 3K! 🤷‍♂️

Even back in the 90s that post is at a stupid height! 😜🤣

Possibly he's going to buy a longer seatpost with the money! 🤣
Need to put a flashing light on that seatpost to alert low flying aircraft.
If you want 3K (top whack!) for a bike you need to be prepared to create a decent listing. Lots of good photos showing all the bike from numerous angles/details and do a proper description and breakdown of components. It’s a lovely bike but not worth 3K! 🤷‍♂️

Even back in the 90s that post is at a stupid height! 😜🤣
I saw that and was also thinking how odd that seatpost looked, but maybe the seller did that to show how long it is, versus simply attaching a sawed-off 4-inch seatpost and stating "What you see is what you get", and the buyer doesn't find out until it shows up at his doorstep.

I also hope that post isn't stuck at that height!

In any case, the situation could have been addressed by having a better description.

The seller is a member here, and a really nice guy, i would think, an arm and a leg has been invested in it, both the original purchase, the refinish and all the parts. looking at it, I think a lot of those items were NOS before being mounted. I suspect, the seat post is in that position simply to avoid any scratches occurring, and just being over cautious.

As for the listing, sellers cant win, you say too much and folk take the piss, you say too little and your called lazy.

It is what it is.

Lovely bike but it’ll not bid past £1500 in my opinion. Likely has a reserve set near the BIN which means it won’t sell.

Postage is very reasonable though.

The seller is a member here, and a really nice guy, i would think, an arm and a leg has been invested in it, both the original purchase, the refinish and all the parts. looking at it, I think a lot of those items were NOS before being mounted. I suspect, the seat post is in that position simply to avoid any scratches occurring, and just being over cautious.

As for the listing, sellers cant win, you say too much and folk take the piss, you say too little and your called lazy.

It is what it is.
👆 agree Carl!

I would have expected the seller to be on here as it's a lovely bike. :cool:

You can sell stuff any way you want to and it's none of our business really. I was commenting on the 3K BUY IT NOW price. If you want top whack, it needs to look top whack, that includes both photos and description.

Sadly the time and money invested in most of our bikes is almost impossible to clawback... unless the bike hits the exact sweet spot for a prospective buyer.

It's my dream bike (as I'm sure it is for many people) but unfortunately at least 2 inches too small. I'm really interested to see how much they're worth now. If it sold for £1500 in 2018, adjusted for inflation makes it around £1800 now, but I suspect, as other people have said, it'll struggle to reach £1k and probably won't sell. I guess we'll find out on Sunday.

Back