Rivet On Cable Stops

Do you think your ones could work anyway?
Yes, you should be able to re-use the old rivet hole for one rivet and make a new one for the other.
I usually recommend putting a layer of epoxy under the stop. To keep any moisture out, rather than anything structural.

I might even have a silver one knocking around rather than the usual black, so it will be a closer match.
Easy enough to remove the coulouring, though.

All the best,

Re:

Thanks Dan. This is a titanium tube though. I'm thinking just to use the one rivet as per the original.

Anyone have any thoughts on that? I know lots of people on here are much more technically minded than me.

Joe

Ti tube maks no difference...just need to use a stainless rivet, not aluminium (Galvanic corrosion). I usually include these.
No problem just using one rivet, as long as the stop is facing the same way as the old one...the braking force pushes the stop against the tube and puts the rivet under a shear force.

Probably still worth using the epoxy underneath, though.

PS: I do have a silver stop available.

All the best,

Re: cable stop

Hi good evening to all, I've been searching alot on the net, and I came across to your topic, I want to buy 3 cable stops and countersunk screws and how I will cost me going to Isle of Man? Thanks you.

Re:

Hello there,

3x £2.80 + £2.50 postage, so I reckon £10.90 all in.

I'm out of screws, just rivets now, in either stainless (for steel or carbon) or aluminium (for aluminium).
PM for details.

All the best,

How can I PM you Dan, Im new to this forum,Can you help me please. Im very much interested in buying cable stops. Thank you

Re:

Yes, better than the screws, as carbon is fibrous, and the resin, which is what would be holding the screw in, has a very low tensile strength.

Rivets hold the carbon in compression and have a larger contact area to spread loads more.

Stainless Steel rivets to reduce the risk of galvanic corrosion.
I also recommend putting a layer of epoxy between stop and frame to stop moisture getting in there.

PP gift with your address to danchambers67@gmail.com and I'll get some posted off to you.

All the best,

Back