Ritchey P22 Team

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Slowly. I think I have all the parts now but I haven't started assembling it all together. At the moment I live and work in a different country than where my retro bikes are, that doesn't help.

But I've collected everything I think. I found a better Ritchey saddle in white, I think that will look very good with the white decals. I could even opt for white outer cabling. Then it took a really long while to find a decent pair of brakes. A lot of them came by through the normal channels but most of them missed parts or were too much worn. In the end I found a NOS set.

Then the wheels, these are probably the hardest to find. Lots of Vantage Sport and Comps are out there, but I wanted Pro's, on the right hubs and in a good condition. I found a really nice set here on the forum, sourced from Hungary. The person selling it to me was very helpful.

Then some little bits such as a the cable guide under the bracket and proper grips. I have a universal brake cable holder for now, I'd rather have a Ritchey stamped one but again they are not so easy to find, or the seller wants an outrageous price for it.

So it's slowly coming together. I wanted to source parts that are in the same condition as the frame so it's all NOS or very mint stuff waiting for a build. I learned that even though Ritchey parts aren't the boutique stuff such as Grafton, Ringle etc, it is still pretty difficult and pricey to source good quality parts. The pandemic retro parts inflation must have played a role though. Meanwhile I obtained a Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt frame that is waiting as well. I have to make some difficult decisions on my collection as it's getting too big now for the space I have for it..

It's been a while, but I managed to get going again. After pressing in the cups I realised that the steerer is too long and needs more thread. I'm slightly surprised. Why would you cut this fork for any other headset? I think a Ritchey headset is the default choice? I didn't even bother to measure the steerer length. Alas. It's too long and needs more threading. I made an attempt with a thread cutter I have here, but I lack a good vice and a sharp thread cutter. So need to find a shop.

IMG_8454.jpeg

Back