Ritchey P-21

Not really easy from serial numbers - see Here. The geometry of the frames was a little different between TEAM and non-TEAM frames but not enough that you would notice by looking and this varied a little through time anyway. The real way to tell is from the welds - TIG vs Brazing - how you tell these apart is best described by someone else on the forum!

Thanks for the reply. Is it safe to assume that people slap on stickers from higher end Ritchey frames on to their lower end Ritchey frames and some will even attempt to sell said low-end rebadged frame for top high-end frame prices?

I
Thanks for the reply. Is it safe to assume that people slap on stickers from higher end Ritchey frames on to their lower end Ritchey frames and some will even attempt to sell said low-end rebadged frame for top high-end frame prices?
It’s been known to happen.

I picked this one up - will let you know when it arrives. Plan will be to get a fit so I can get the right stem length and then get it stripped to find the issues, re-sprayed and progress to a close to original spec build (or close as my pocket reasonably allows). My first time at this so any advice or thoughts gratefully received (especially around sourcing decals, whether re-spray is sensible etc).

Please keep that paint, rider size sticker and whatever else you can on that bike.
congrats on your purchase.

Back