Riser bars and long stem

The aesthete in me says: Yes, they look silly, don't do it!

But the rational minded me says: Who cares? Do whatever feels best, so you can spend as much time on it as possible!
+1

Just dont EVER be tempted to put bar ends on it to :LOL:

I had no intentions of putting bar ends on, but if I was forced to, I'd go all in like this fella:

barends.jpg

I have concluded now, after consulting a six-pack, that I will be on the lookout for a Syncros stem with extra rise.

Does one build a bike for the fashion, or to enjoy the ride? If it's for the fashion, then let style dictate accessories. If you want to enjoy the ride, don't be concerned about opinions, build a bike to ride. I reside firmly in the "ride" camp, with a long stem, risers, and bar ends. It worked when I set it up in the nineties, still working now.

I had no intentions of putting bar ends on, but if I was forced to, I'd go all in like this fella:

barends.jpg

I have concluded now, after consulting a six-pack, that I will be on the lookout for a Syncros stem with extra rise.
Jees, almost a 15pointer ! Do yourself a favour, find a stem 15mm shorter reach with 10deg more rise and fit a riser bar. You can adjust the bars to find the sweetspot for comfort. 😁

Wow, a lot of bar ends on riser addicts coming out of the wood work!

I'm happy that this is a safe space where you feel comfortable enough to admit such deviant behavior!

One thing I have to raise tho...

Having excellent taste in all things bike related and enjoying Crocs is not a mutually exclusive thing:

IMG_5008.jpeg

;)

Jees, almost a 15pointer ! Do yourself a favour, find a stem 15mm shorter reach with 10deg more rise and fit a riser bar. You can adjust the bars to find the sweetspot for comfort. 😁
I'll start with the stem - we'll see about the rest. ;)
Wow, a lot of bar ends on riser addicts coming out of the wood work!

I'm happy that this is a safe space where you feel comfortable enough to admit such deviant behavior!

One thing I have to raise tho...

Having excellent taste in all things bike related and enjoying Crocs is not a mutually exclusive thing:

View attachment 553179

;)
Great style,

Back