RIP Captaincowelly

RIP.

What a sad thread to open this morning. Dealt a few times with him and thought he seemed a really nice guy.

The issue is even though mental health is more openly talked about , it’s still a very hard subject for most men to speak about. Some struggle silently until the worst happens.

It’s a pity we can’t have a sub forum of retrobike which connects members to other willing members to talk anonymously should they just need a chat. Even if it saves one person.

Awful, I just cried,

It’s always sad when one of us passes, even though we may never have actually met each other in person, they are a presence, inspiration and an interaction in an online world we visit to escape from the bullshit of daily work life and help us all think about our passion in bikes, I can say this about so many people here.

May he ride the clouds in peace with nothing but that big grin to slow him on the descents.

RBG

Awful, I just cried,

It’s always sad when one of us passes, even though we may never have actually met each other in person, they are a presence, inspiration and an interaction in an online world we visit to escape from the bullshit of daily work life and help us all think about our passion in bikes, I can say this about so many people here.

May he ride the clouds in peace with nothing but that big grin to slow him on the descents.

RBG
I don't mind admitting, I cried too.

Awful, I just cried,

RBG
Very eloquently put....Nuff said.

Very sad to read. I didnt know captaincowelly but enjoyed many of his posts, and thought his recent karma thread was pretty awesome.
It's been such a tough time of late for those suffering with their mental health. I think very few of us have come through the pandemic without any negative impacts.

Hopefully someone on here knows his family and can pass on RB’s best wishes & condolences.

Last edited:
I did not know him personally only virtually, though the love and happiness he shared is clear.

My condolences to the family.

Latest posts

Back