Rigid Steel Forks (or nice retro suss fork)

hawkhill97

Retro Guru
Looking for a pair of nice rigid steel forks for a late 90s Marin Hawk Hill. Bought the bike just to give mountain biking a go after years on the road and now I'm in love.... but the OEM forks are shot and need replacing. Anyway, here's what I'm after:

1,1/8" threadless steerer at least 195mm long
440mm+ axle to crown distance
V-brake bosses set for a 26" wheel

Alternatively I'd consider a 50-80mm travel old school suss fork, if anyone's got one in good nick (all the ones on ebay seem to be advertised as "could do with a service", which is how I would charitably describe the ones currently on the bike that really need replacing). Same specs as above, obviously.

Thanks!

Judy hydracoils?

02a20c05fb324b01795d0db1bf2bd90f_zps67sgbvge.jpg
8ed4e538f0e43e27bbe6c9feed8dc444_zpsudwoe8gu.jpg

this is what i said on the build thread:

"Felt very similar to my explosif to be honest. The gearing was very forgiving, XT 8x3 period correct shifters were a joy. XT V brakes also excellent once i'd stopped and sorted the lack of toe-in squeal on the rear. The forks are lovely. Really smooth, not too much sag even with me on there and bearable bouncy bouncy on the long climb. On the way down they inspired confidence along with the geometry and quick steering short but high stem.."

£45 posted?, cheapest carrier, probably myhermes. PPG

P5230007_zpst7s2kxdf.jpg

Re:

Thanks for the offer! Would rather go rigid with a big 2.4" front tyre if I can find something suitable TBH, but will definitely keep the Judy's in mind. I guess the two rigid forks in the pic are both a fair bit shorter than 440mm axle to crown?

Too short for me, unfortunately. The steering's already plenty sharp enough and the front wheel is firmly planted on the ground... suspect 410mm would see me over the bars!

Back