Wanted Cannondale Pepperoni fork (steel steerer)

archiebenn

Retro Newbie
Hi all, just purchased a very nice 1992 cannondale M700 in red but I've used a magnet and found out that the steerer is aluminium, not steel. From what I understand these aluminium steerer pepperonis were recalled in the 90s and I believe cannondale is still honouring that recall with a surly replacement (?), but I do like the look of the pepperonis on this frame and so I'm on the hunt for a steel steerer fork, ideally in red but I'll take whatever I can get! If anyone has any info on these or one they'd like to sell please let me know!

Cheers

can you provide some size info regarding steerer diameter and length? a picture of your bike would perhaps be helpful to. which frame size is it? pepperonis came at least in two, presumably three diameters and threated or ahead. good luck

Hi, sorry I missed out that info - to be honest I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing but I do know that the frame is a 1992 20" M700 - does that help with steerer length (original fork) as I haven't been able to measure it properly yet! I've attached a couple of photos of the bike too

Attachments

• 73BEC6DB-27AD-40FA-B2E2-B110A04C4BC9.jpeg
    73BEC6DB-27AD-40FA-B2E2-B110A04C4BC9.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5846.jpeg
    IMG_5846.jpeg
    596.3 KB · Views: 7
Back