Riding with music

As a point of order to address the supposed "danger" issue of Music on the go...the typical car with the windows simply wound up has a greater level of auditory exclusion than simply riding a bicycle with headphones and there is no corresponding carnage.

Explosions and general deathkill slaughter occur because road users aren't paying attention or are wilfully behaing like tits, not because someone is listening to Piledriver by Status Quo.

As a point of order to address the supposed "danger" issue of Music on the go...the typical car with the windows simply wound up has a greater level of auditory exclusion than simply riding a bicycle with headphones and there is no corresponding carnage.

Explosions and general deathkill slaughter occur because road users aren't paying attention or are wilfully behaing like tits, not because someone is listening to Piledriver by Status Quo.
Agreed, the volume of a yoofs cockmobile is staggering.

Interestingly my own experience riding with earphones is that it makes me no less aware of my surroundings as I typically look around a lot, I never use sound to gauge how close cars are or how fast they might be going. I typically check behind me frequently.

I don't trust cars, so I tend to often steer myself unto the roadside... into the grassy bits. Most cars drive okay but there's a lack of respect for cyclists, and I always try to keep myself safe.

As a result of my own self preservation that also means I refuse to actually ride crossings in traffic, as cars often try to go ahead, turning cars often fail to wait for you to get ahead. Start stop traffic here is horrible. So I walk.

Back