Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

Put the bb shell in a sturdy vice. Tie string to one drop out, loop around head tube and back to the other drop out. Measure distance between string and seat tube on each side and get bending. Plank of wood will do it. Just rock it a little bit at a time, keep measuring, take your time. Watch for cracks on the bridges and you will be fine. The back ends are pretty soft and will move easily enough so don’t push/pull too hard. You may need to realign the drop outs when you have the desired width as they will be ‘splayed out’ at the extremities. A large adjustable spanner works a treat for this. Just go easy, again, they are not the strongest.

Bon chance

Put the bb shell in a sturdy vice. Tie string to one drop out, loop around head tube and back to the other drop out. Measure distance between string and seat tube on each side and get bending. Plank of wood will do it. Just rock it a little bit at a time, keep measuring, take your time. Watch for cracks on the bridges and you will be fine. The back ends are pretty soft and will move easily enough so don’t push/pull too hard. You may need to realign the drop outs when you have the desired width as they will be ‘splayed out’ at the extremities. A large adjustable spanner works a treat for this. Just go easy, again, they are not the strongest.

Bon chance
Will give it a go and report back

My steed is creeping slowly to built, it will not be the lightest, or the smartest but it might make it to the bottom in one piece. There is one major change though, its no longer soviet. The KVZ was too nice to endanger, not too nice as regards rarity or condition. Just too nice in regard to historical interest, for all of us who remember the cold War and the iron curtain. So bike is French, Peugeot roadster given the tracker treatment. Looks no bad so far and the 70's dual pivot caliper brakes give very good braking whilst not contravening the pre-89 ruling. It's nice to know I can stop😊

Bon chance
Good adVICE,i need to slot a rear hub with drum and five speed cassette into an old Klunker frame of mine,think i need as much as 20mm,so i will try this technique

Did LGF's wobbly test ride of his fly weigh tracker have anything to do with the fact the forks crown race is not seated🤔
Look closely at the picture a few posts above this one.

Back