Reyt-pack September 2022 (Downhill vintage rigid race Yorkshire style)

Thats kinda what i was wondering, lgf and thm have both produced items i thought were in the spirit of it....but in reality a 88 marin in friction mode is going to comply, but hardly the ticket surely? Hence the question over mtb eligibility....

I was thinking more cow horns and hammered out racers levers and falcon olympic kinda territory.?

I think you might be missing the point.
I don’t care if you turn up on a BMX, a road frame, a cruiser, a klunker, a chopper, a Grifter, a tandem, an ATB or an MTB.
You could turn up on Uni-cycle for all I care.

Previous posts list what you cant, or shouldnt bring, though like above, its more about the fun really.

Thats kinda what i was wondering, lgf and thm have both produced items i thought were in the spirit of it....but in reality a 88 marin in friction mode is going to comply, but hardly the ticket surely? Hence the question over mtb eligibility....

I was thinking more cow horns and hammered out racers levers and falcon olympic kinda territory.?
I would say that's more in the spirit

Me and Peachy will have to confer on this, but definitely rigid, I think very early MTB's would be OK but not quite in the spirit (although the Repack crew had Breezers and they were really MTB's)
Agreed, but at the same time we have to consider that this is just a bunch of mates meeting up at Dalby Forrest, and on some of the paths we will likely be riding on you could find yourself peddling beside an e-bike!
Basically anyone who’s part of this retro bike community who wants to come along for a laugh can.
But…
You won’t get timed or be allowed to enter the concourse comp if you don’t have a bike we think is in keeping with the spirit of the event.

I'm hoping to see anything that ISN'T an MTB.

Shoppers, Choppers, Elswick Hoppers.
Grifters and Drifters with three speed shifters.
Racers, pacers, frames with spacers.
Look out kid, loving the skid.
The brakes don't work cos' the cables are all mangled.

Thanks Bob.
Me too.

Latest posts

Back