Reynolds 753 Cougar built by Terry Dolan.

foz":1bqpli3p said:
I just googled "Malcolm Elliott Chevrolet" and scanned through the image results

Following the link for the image, it leads here: http://www.paulcurran.bike/Articles/199 ... ialRR.html

So I think definitely him, and 1993

there's another pic in the same article, a bit harder to see though

That’s great! I think I put in too much info into Google rather than just a simple “Malcolm Elliott Chevrolet” search! :roll:
I’ll keep searching for more photos, hopefully Malcolm might come back with a good shot?!

Interesting... I got this frame 2nd hand when I was a junior - i guess around 1995/1996. My mum took me down to Melton to collect it and I was told it had some pedigree. It is made of Reyonlds 731 OS, and came with Chrorus headset. After a couple years the seat stay cracked so we had it replaced and Dolan resprayed it in original colours (but without the lovely lining on the stamped lugs). However, in 2002 the seat tube cracked just below the front mech braze on. Being filet brazed it didn't make sense to repair so its hung in garage ever since. The frame has the braze on race number peg and is in the LA Sheriffs Chevrolet colour scheme. I actually met Malcolm Elliot at a race is I was supporting a number of years ago, and he also suggested it could have been the frame he won national champs on!

Cougar frames were beautiful - i've had a couple others since, but this was my first real race bike and I still love that colour scheme. 287276181_368978608658802_4822769218232944915_n (1).jpg

Interesting... I got this frame 2nd hand when I was a junior - i guess around 1995/1996. My mum took me down to Melton to collect it and I was told it had some pedigree. It is made of Reyonlds 731 OS, and came with Chrorus headset. After a couple years the seat stay cracked so we had it replaced and Dolan resprayed it in original colours (but without the lovely lining on the stamped lugs). However, in 2002 the seat tube cracked just below the front mech braze on. Being filet brazed it didn't make sense to repair so its hung in garage ever since. The frame has the braze on race number peg and is in the LA Sheriffs Chevrolet colour scheme. I actually met Malcolm Elliot at a race is I was supporting a number of years ago, and he also suggested it could have been the frame he won national champs on!

Cougar frames were beautiful - i've had a couple others since, but this was my first real race bike and I still love that colour scheme. View attachment 637791
They were such good frames, Chris Boardman rode one at team Gan at the start of his pro career, I remember reading somewhere that Greg Lemond was so impressed he ordered one too.

Attachments

• 7DC85F04-7FFA-4784-9030-FDFB875FF648.jpeg
    7DC85F04-7FFA-4784-9030-FDFB875FF648.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 8
If I remember correctly from his autobiography Chris Boardman had a lot to do with Terry Dolan, even working in his shop. Listed on Hilary Stone is a Terry Dolan, Cougar. At 25.5 inch it's a good fit for me, maybe one day.

I once ebay bid on a Kodak Cougar ridden by Boardman as backup bike/trainer from '93. Only outbid by £13. It was 653, I think his main bike was 753.

Back