Revell Rapide.

peetee

Senior Retro Guru
Sometimes something comes along and you just can’t ignore it. Even when it’s waaaaaaay too small for you.
This was a bargain; 531 throughout, full Shimano 600 groupset. It’s a bit rusty, admittedly, but nothing terminally serious I think (I have been wrong before!)
Revell were the bike division of Freewheel which became Madison, I believe. Whatever, it’s pretty academic because for those in the know the label hides a bit of pedigree. It is, in all likelihood, a Mercian. The workmanship is certainly there. Not your average off the peg 80’s road frame for sure. Hopefully a through inspection will confirm that it’s a wise purchase.

Attachments

• E19B3249-EECE-44F9-A343-382622445802.jpeg
    E19B3249-EECE-44F9-A343-382622445802.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 354
Cheers buddy. The bike has been completely stripped and the frame shot-blasted and primed after checking that it was totally sound. All the parts were working OK but they are looking pretty shabby. The bike was stored in a damp, coastal environment which has spoilt the aluminium finish and rusted the steel fixings.
Beyond this, who knows. If it is still of interest to you maybe I could part with it.

Back