Return to retro....Orange content .. test ride pics

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":275omopj said:
retrobikeguy":275omopj said:
Strangely an Alu 'O' has just fallen into my lap but it has welded on cable stops as opposed to yours that are rivetted on.

Sounds interesting RBG.
If the welded cable stops are just the rear brake along the top tube, it's a 2nd batch "O" - the frame number will start A106 X X X X

If the welded cable stops are all 3 along the top tube, it's a 3rd batch "O" - the frame number will start A108 X X X X

Here's a pic of the one's on mine for reference.

Apologies for the thread hijack Davo!

No worries happy to drool over the one piece stalk :shock:
Now that would look killer on the elite :D :LOL:

clockwork davo":pat0uve4 said:
boy"O"boy":pat0uve4 said:
retrobikeguy":pat0uve4 said:
Strangely an Alu 'O' has just fallen into my lap but it has welded on cable stops as opposed to yours that are rivetted on.

Sounds interesting RBG.
If the welded cable stops are just the rear brake along the top tube, it's a 2nd batch "O" - the frame number will start A106 X X X X

If the welded cable stops are all 3 along the top tube, it's a 3rd batch "O" - the frame number will start A108 X X X X

No worries happy to drool over the one piece stalk :shock:
Now that would look killer on the elite :D :LOL:

The one piece stalk in 1 1/4" flavour is the proverbial 'rocking horse poo' - took me 10 years to find one! .....but I agree, if you can find one it would look great on the elite. ( and RC30'S too!!)
Had an Ali stalk and Hotrods on mine when I had it!

Cheers
boy"O"boy

It took me A very long time to track down my 1” one piece and it involved some serious arm twisting with Mr Cheshire :roll:
I’d be very surprised it the RC30’s didn’t end up on the elite :cool:

clockwork davo":74fmo1mv said:
It took me A very long time to track down my 1” one piece and it involved some serious arm twisting with Mr Cheshire :roll:

Fantastic collection of bikes Davo. :cool:
All the arm twisting in the world, am not letting go of my 1 1/4 one piece stalk bar :LOL: . Glad I could help with the 1 inch stalk bar. When lockdown is eased, I need to press on with my Prototype O project. :facepalm:

Cheshire1980":21xttqdl said:
clockwork davo":21xttqdl said:

Fantastic collection of bikes Davo. :cool:
All the arm twisting in the world, am not letting go of my 1 1/4 one piece stalk bar :LOL: . Glad I could help with the 1 inch stalk bar. When lockdown is eased, I need to press on with my Prototype O project. :facepalm:

I’m very aware I’ll never own a 1 1/4 stalk one piece :facepalm: ;)

boy"O"boy":d00d73bt said:
retrobikeguy":d00d73bt said:

Sounds interesting RBG.

Learning every day

Frame number starts A112 and has top tube welded on triple stops too.

Ta Sir

Spreading the wealth Davo. You, me, boy o boy and a few others all have a stalk bar, either in the 1 inch or 1 1/4. But yes super rare indeed, but at least we all have one to use :)

Cheshire1980":17655zlq said:
Spreading the wealth Davo. You, me, boy o boy and a few others all have a stalk bar, either in the 1 inch or 1 1/4. But yes super rare indeed, but at least we all have one to use :)

Is true and a great way to look at it :LOL:

Back