Retrobike @ York Cycle Rally.... 2023

Been to see Dylan at yorspokes today, he's requested we be a little more central this time and next to his stand too.... 👍

Sounds good but we will need plenty of space to take jver again......we're getting very good at this haha

Could be tempted with this tbh but might have to just stay the Friday night and leave Saturday afternoon due to work but if I peel myself away from the missus and kids might be a good shout 👍

First I’ve heard of this event… only thing I’ve ever been to before is eroica which was fantastic the first year we went to Buxton and ABC were the headliners but went downhill after that! Even the missus loved eroica. Shame there wasn’t anything up and coming to rival that as it was such a family orientated event with enough going on to keep the family entertained regardless of whether you were a bike nerd…

First I’ve heard of this event… only thing I’ve ever been to before is eroica which was fantastic the first year we went to Buxton and ABC were the headliners but went downhill after that! Even the missus loved eroica. Shame there wasn’t anything up and coming to rival that as it was such a family orientated event with enough going on to keep the family entertained regardless of whether you were a bike nerd…

its a nice rally, used to be really CTC roadie orientated but very family friendly, times have changed and so the rally has changed, a real mix of all cycling plus its not far from the city so plenty of things for other less cycling orientated family members to do

no real race event thang but more relaxed.

My parents used to be deeply involved in organising the rally but stepped back when the CTC tried to make it more commercial by expanding the trade displays and pushing for entrance fees. Although they were still members of the North Yorks DA, by the time the CTC gave up on the rally they weren't really interested any more.

Back