RetroBike National MTB Rd 5: North York Moors ~ 03/08/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Had another look at the map. Yep - that makes sense, I can see where I need to go now. Is there any milage in me going a bit further East along the A64 then turning left up to Ebberstone before coming back along the A170 to the Thornton Dale crossroads rather than getting stuck behind a Dibnah on a traction engine up the A169 or is it a pretty short stretch to the High Marishes turning?

Cheers - Chris.

Re: Re:

Uncle Monty":3n2r6inm said:
Had another look at the map. Yep - that makes sense, I can see where I need to go now. Is there any milage in me going a bit further East along the A64 then turning left up to Ebberstone before coming back along the A170 to the Thornton Dale crossroads rather than getting stuck behind a Dibnah on a traction engine up the A169 or is it a pretty short stretch to the High Marishes turning?

Cheers - Chris.

It's a short stretch so should be no problem

Re:

Good to hear you're making the trip up Chris, look forward to seeing you :) why not camping here though, we have fires, beer and BBQ!

Speaking of camping here

Things you WILL need!

Wellies - it's a farm and hence arse deep in sheep shit. Forget avoiding it, bring your wellies and I'll hose you down with the Mobi on the way out Sunday!

Bog roll
Soap
Etc - basically there's next to nothing here, just a couple of ancient toilets and one shower

Logs and fire starters - there's plenty of stone piles for building fires on but no wood except what the farmer is selling, if we can drag some in with us it should save a few quid!

Making up for the basic facilities are some belting views and last night was the best starry sky I've seen in England! :-D

See you all soon...

Re:

Why am I not camping? See the above post....

After what will at best be a six hour drive, I feel I shall be in need of a comfortable nights sleep. I am sure we can find a stately pile where we may rest our weary bones :D. Pretty much every local hostelry is fully booked this weekend, so I am expecting it to be busy.

Thank you but no, - I shall forgo your company and camaraderie and dine alone....

"The sky is beginning to bruise. Night must fall and we shall be forced to camp".

Re:

Buggery and arse. Going to have to pike out of this.

Chest infection still not going away (more than two weeks in), a gentle pootle is leaving me utterly buggered.

Have fun.

elPedro666":29zcbf6f said:
Oh, and earplugs, bastard cockerels!

Lets cook a Cockerel Pete

I am going to be there Friday afternoon Pete, could you give me a hand with the awning, think we will need it for the bbq on Saturday night :D

TedC":1p2my7if said:
Buggery and arse. Going to have to pike out of this.

Chest infection still not going away (more than two weeks in), a gentle pootle is leaving me utterly buggered.

Have fun.

You'll be missed, hope you feel better soon

Re: RetroBike National Series Rd 5: North York Moors ~ 03/08/14

BBq ready , 6X3 waterproof gazebo sorted, axe, saw sorted , pile of jumble waiting to be packed , beer in van . Good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back