Retro smokestone mountain bike. What’s it worth.

Retro gold that is mate. So I wouldnt be selling it unless you are desperate for money. In fact find half those bits will cost you a fair bit, if you can find them that is.
Example, heres your front hub -

And what are those cranks ? look farmiliar, i just cant think of the name, tip of tongue. XTR rear mech, Xlite post in lushious purple, yeah all in all thats a nice bike, and its owner was right into it(You I take it)Z1 bombers are also a sought after set of forks.

All in all most here would be proud to own or have rebuilt something as nice :cool:
My advice is to give it a service. The fork crown with some ultra fine steelwool(Grade 0000)and some autosol metal polish will shine like a mirror. New cables and outers, a bit of spit and polish be nice as nice.

Now dont be accepting any cheap offers from these vultures ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi and welcome.

Like others have said, there are some nice parts on there. The frame im not sure on the value, im sure someone will be along in a bit to help out on that one. Some of the parts are worth a bit, the front hub, cranks (look like Middleburn RS1's), the forks etc, all sought after. It is a bit of a mish-mash of parts though so if it were mine, and im sure whoever buys it will be thinking the same, i would strip it and sell it in parts for the greatest return. As a whole, unless someone is looking for that exact setup, it wont fetch nearly as much.

Check the ringle hub for cracks. Hairline ones can be hard to spot.
No need to check, it's quite obvious if you look a bit closer at the photo of the front wheel.

Ringle cracked arrow.jpg

That's not a hairline crack anymore. That hub is toast.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Perhaps another Ringlé owner can use the bearings or the axle, but that's about as much use as it'll still have. And even that's an unlikely scenario, seeing as most of these hubs will crack the flanges long before the bearings are half-worn.

I know the front hub is broken it’s been up in my attic for the last 10yrs..gathering dust taking up space, and now taken damage to the front hub.☹️☹️☹️ I think it’s time to sell. lots of good memories riding that bike very light an very nibble. Would like to fix it up but haven’t got the time.

Those cranks are top notch (as long as there are no cracks) I’d take those in a heartbeat

Back