Retro-modern fusion gravel build madness. The new Superb!

In honesty, think this is a great project.

Said it before, will say it again, if you are going to dabble in this, get something so obscure because it will usually mean quality.

I was thinking of nicer originally Woz. Great project, but not something I would do as its all non reversable. Still very interesting to watch though.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was thinking of nicer originally Woz. Great project, but not something I would do as its all non reversable. Still very interesting to watch though.
Yes, I can understand your point. The never ending debate of keeping things original or not.

Thankfully, I only got the frame, so have a good excuse to bastardise it - restoring the bike to original from a bare frameset is not very feasible in this case imho.
What I do know, is that chances of me riding this bike regularly in its original form are very slim, while with all the mods I am hoping to make this one of my main bikes. In my view, if it puts a frameset in use & gets me riding & gives me what I'm looking for, then all the mods are worth it.

Bosses in place. As a bonus, they are almost centred on the tubes!
For a 7mm rivnut I've drilled 3mm holes, then enlarged to 6mm and then finished off with a 7mm reamer. The reamer leaves a nice round hole while the drill bits seem to leave a bit of a jagged edge.

Also polished the badge with a dremel and coated it with several layers of shellac. Hopefully that will stop the oxidising process.

Attachments

• PXL_20220806_145753013.jpg
    PXL_20220806_145753013.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220806_183931709 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220806_183931709 (1).jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 20
Back