*** REDUCED *** KIRK REVOLUTION :: FULL BIKE :: DX / LX MIX

jinnan_tonnix

Retro Newbie
Kirk Revolution Full Bike for sale

EDIT - REDUCED TO £100.
I'd prefer collection (I live in South Wales) but can arrange some sort of courier.

Hi all,

I'm selling my Kirk Revolution bike. It's a full bike, not just frame / fork.

Here's the spec:
Frame: Kirk Revolution (Purple(ish))
Fork: Unknown, Reynolds 501 sticker
Bars: Clubroost GoFast (I fitted these - don't know where the original straight bar went :roll: )
Wheels: Rigida Laser 400
Rear derailleur: Shimano DX
Front derailleur: Unknown
Gear shifters: Shimano LX
Chainring: Shimano SG
Saddle: unknown (wrecked)

First the bad news...
It hasn't been ridden for about 10 years so some of the components are rusted up. That said, apart from the chain, nothing is seized. However, everything needs an overhaul. There are a couple of minor nicks at random places on the bike. Oh, and in common with all things Kirk, the bottom bracket flexes like only a Kirk can.

But the good news...
The frame doesn't look like it has any cracks whatsoever. I've had a close look, and I can't see any. The paint doesn't look too bad, I must mention is has a small couple of nicks but on the whole I think it's not too bad for its age.

OK - bottom line. I'm thinking £150
Wrecked Kirk frames go for around £50, so I think this is a fair price for a good example of a full Kirk bike.

I'd prefer you to collect the bike. I live near Neath in South Wales. I'm only a few miles from Afan Argoed, so I can meet you there if you want to combine a ride with the journey. I could get it posted, but that will have to be negotiated after a firm offer. It will be done at cost, of course, but I will have to shell out for packing material.

Anyway, I hope the bike goes to a worthy collector, if you like Kirks, you will like this.

I'm going to attempt to get some photos in the next post... hold tight,,,

Paul.

Kirk Revolution Photos

Hopefully there should be photos below...

IMG_8929.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

I'm not interested personally, but thought it might help if you gave an indication of the size. I can't see it listed anywhere, unless I'm just having one of those days :oops:

development_cycle":20hvauny said:
I'm not interested personally, but thought it might help if you gave an indication of the size. I can't see it listed anywhere, unless I'm just having one of those days :oops:

I really don't know. It doesn't say anywhere on the frame (but that's not stopping me from measuring it!!!).

As an indication, I'm 5'10" and I think it's 'my size'.

I'll measure it over the weekend and post it up.

By the way - what do I measure? Is it from bottom bracket to top of seat tube?

Back