Rear mech help

Is the B-Link extender the correct orientation. The original seems to step the mech outboard a little, yours steps in inboard a little. If it was the other way round would it sit against the hanger better? I mean switch it end to end, rather than back to front.

Hard to tell without seeing the back of it
No i dont know. I just presumed the logo side was face out. And the fact the b tension screw lined up OK

You top pivot should be behind the mech hangar and level with it. The b link should be horizontal facing backwards. You have a after market b link on yours which is why i linked the shimano one above.

What a ball ache. I'll have one more go tomorrow and if not looks like I'll need a shimano one. I did try and fit it without the extender bit, but the mech didn't sit right on the hanger

Does your b link not have a tab to locate it on the mech hanger in the correct orientation? The Shimano ones do.

Yes it does, which is why I thought this was the way it sat as it seemed to all fit together this way..... But clearly it's wrong 🙈

In that case I beleive what you have is a 'direct mount' b-link. Its designed for modern frames with a different type of hangar/mounting arrangement. You'll need a new b link mate.

Theres more than one these days :rolleyes:

Shimano-DRD.jpg

Back