Re: Re: Help identified This Lo Pro Racing bike.

Izak

Dirt Disciple
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... ;crop=fill
DSCF0078.JPG
DSCF0079https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/ ... ;crop=fillBeen in proses rebuilding this bike. It had Cinelli stickers on down tube. In the past the bike has been resprayed. Good components. Steel frame unknown if Columbus. Rear drop outs Gipiemme Patent. Full Campagnolo Mirage Groupset. 3TT Saddle post. Cinelli Handlebars with Shimano 600 Stem. The rear drop outs is different than other bikes. Serial no 721674 under bottom bracket. 700 Wheels . Was fitted with Campagnolo rims and Campagnolo Hubs. I cant find similar frame and dont want to label the bike as cinelli if its not true.

Re:

Hi. I found a Basso Viper and its a closed call but not a full match. The rear stays and Seatpost Braze on lug match. Also the Top frame cable eyes and braze on front derailleur Match. The front frame lugs dont match. Help will be great. Many thanks Izak

Back in the mid 90s they were all the rage. Guys were having them built to order by any and every framebuilder. A short lived fad. The frame really could be anything.

Re: Re:

Sir Neil d'Menture":3nspu3uv said:
Nob":3nspu3uv said:
I don’t think those forks are original

I was confused by OP saying wheels were 700c. The fashion was to have a small front wheel - 24" IIRC - to increase aerodynamics.

And to compromise the handling and ensure that you had to carry 2 spare tubs of different sizes. Thankfully I was tall enough not to need a small wheel to get low.

Re:

Principally used in Time Trials IIRC. A pain in the back, literally, to ride for more than an hour. Handling wasn't the easiest as you say.
Spares of either size were not needed. If you had a puncture your race was over.

Sir Neil d'Menture":mgdr0il3 said:
Principally used in Time Trials IIRC. A pain in the back, literally, to ride for more than an hour. Handling wasn't the easiest as you say.
Spares of either size were not needed. If you had a puncture your race was over.

Yes, but you still had to get back to the finish, preferably not riding on a flat. If it was a '50' then it could be 25 miles if punctured at the turn. Can't understand people not carrying a spare and a pump.

Old Ned":22xmnzb3 said:
Sir Neil d'Menture":22xmnzb3 said:

Yes, but you still had to get back to the finish, preferably not riding on a flat. If it was a '50' then it could be 25 miles if punctured at the turn. Can't understand people not carrying a spare and a pump.
Depends if you were riding to win or not. A puncture put you out of contention. End of. There were always cars around that would give you a lift back.
If you were just riding for the sake of it then fair enough. Take 5 minutes to sort yourself out. 5 minutes puts you out of the top 10. A wasted race.

Back