Wanted RC36 Crown Race / Brace / Steerer

MSYT

Retro Guru
Hey folks

Found a shitty bike on Facebook yesterday with a tasty front end. Took a gamble and… it’s not as much as a bargain as I’d hoped.

I didn’t notice the RC36 was missing the rear brace, so I need one of those.

I did notice the brake posts have been flipped to the front.

I also found the crown race has a bolt sheared inside so I could do with a new crown race and the steerer is potentially a bit short.

So. Pace RC36 (gen 2 are they?)

Rear brace
Crown race
11/8” steerer

Please 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3622.jpeg
    IMG_3622.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3623.jpeg
    IMG_3623.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 7
I don't have the parts you need but have had the same forks so can offer some advice.

Flipping the bosses the pace way round is simple, you just have to be gentle when making them fit over the dropouts. You might need to prise them open a bit to clear them, go steady or you may snap them.

You might be able to get the sheared bolt out using an easy out tool. I've done that myself on pace forks.

Brace wise, the one fitted has been drilled, for what, no idea. Also the boys fitted are all wrong. I'd check that they haven't been replaced by ones with larger threads.

Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I upgraded a set of forks I had with the carbon braces. Don't take my word for it though. Here's some in case they do fit:

You could contact Tim, username just backdated as he runs fork English and services pace forks, he may be able to advise or even have the parts you need.

Good luck. At least there's a nice headset on there.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
@ishaw

Thanks for the tips!

I have been sent the link to those bridges so I think I'll go for them. I couldn't find them myself because I was searching for a "brace" rather than a "bridge"

I did notice the one I have has been drilled too. In random spots as well so no idea what was going on there.

I'll do my best to get the snapped bolt out when I strip them down. I've got some extractor kits - just hope there's no corrosion around the snapped bolt welding it in!

Back