RBotM November 2020 - Tandems !!!!!! Poll Now Up!! VOTE NOW!

RBotM November 2020 - Tandems!!!!

• Bagpuss - Cannondale Black thunder

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Old Ned - M&B Dronfield

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Jesper - Colson rear Steer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • zerogravitas - Dawes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • sherlylock - 1939 Claud Butler

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Welcome to the RBotM November 2020 poll. This months theme of course was Tandems!!
Now this is the poll you have when not actually having a poll, it's a casual, 'which one you liked best' type thing as it seems the majority didn't want to enter just show, which is fantastic, but the public want a vote and we don't want to make them angry by denying them.
I think this attitude is borne out as tandem riders are all winners by default ;)
There were also some non entries that were surprising by their absence. Maybe we need a tandem sticky section in the readers rides thread where we could list our tandems and link to their build threads etc. Let me know, could be a good resource for people looking for information.

So on with the poll and if anyone really wants their tandem withdrawn just message me and through the magic of the internet it will be gone. Otherwise I think everyone will be OK with all the entries as they stand.

Jamie

Bagpuss - Cannondale Black thunder
bagpuss by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Old Ned - M&B Dronfield
Paul&Eric Tandem 25 Champs 85 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jesper - Colson rear Steer
Colson Rear Steer Tandem 1933-37 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

zerogravitas - Dawes
zerogravitasDawes by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

sherlylock - 1939 Claud Butler
claudbutler by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

I can not vote yet, but that odd Colson frame just catches my eye! That rear steering tube, the twin "bottom" tube(s), and weird front bottom bracket. I wonder what that frame weighs. Looks like it could do some damage on the gravel trails with those "commando" wheels. Curious as to what the final build will look like. The Claude Butler also is quite interesting.

The build thread for the '39 Claud is on a different level..truly inspirational stuff. :xmas-cool:

Many congratulations to Sherlylock for taking out the win with his beautiful 1939 Claud Butler.
I am sure everyone will agree it is a very worthy winner.

It was another quality month and thank you to everyone for posting up your tandems, it's always nice to see not only the variation in makes, models and ages but also in the use of peoples tandems.

I was thinking of posting up a thread in the main section and maybe making it a sticky. Somewhere to post all the tandems in a similar format to this, brief description and a link to a page or build thread. What does everyone think?

Thanks to all who entered, joined in the fun, those who voted also. Thanks

Jamie

Oh wow, nice one - cheers guys. It's certainly a lovely machine.....looking forward to getting on the road, hopefully I can do it justice! Painting and boxlining is in the pipeline......nice to learn something new every now and again right?

Peachy!":3dg641mx said:
The build thread for the '39 Claud is on a different level..truly inspirational stuff. :xmas-cool:

Cheers Chris, kind words indeed. Lots of inspiring stuff on this site - nice to be able to contribute. :)

Looking forward to the finished product having voted for the winner :)

Back