RBotM August 2022 - Theme Month - Frames! No builds Just Frames!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh at last a RBOTM I can enter because it doesn't require a finished project :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's a 1974 Gitane Country and I've got as far as the respray and collecting most of the parts... maybe this will inspire me to actually get it in a stand and apply a spanner or two...

Fairly unusual (I've seen one on a French site and one on a German one) if not wildly upmarket and it has those lovely Huret dropouts. Let's face it, it's not gonna beat the Battaglin (or even more so the beautiful Jack T) but I do love it...

Before and after pix plus a (cheating?) bonus one of the drop outs...
It looks like it could be the blueprint for the Gravel Bike. Green is also a great looking colour. Fresh.

Ooh at last a RBOTM I can enter because it doesn't require a finished project :LOL::LOL::LOL:

It's a 1974 Gitane Country and I've got as far as the respray and collecting most of the parts... maybe this will inspire me to actually get it in a stand and apply a spanner or two...

Fairly unusual (I've seen one on a French site and one on a German one) if not wildly upmarket and it has those lovely Huret dropouts. Let's face it, it's not gonna beat the Battaglin (or even more so the beautiful Jack T) but I do love it...

Before and after pix plus a (cheating?) bonus one of the drop outs...
Love the dropout!

What is it with you lot and your multiple pictures? :eek:
Luckily @Jamiedyer is such an easy going reasonable chap who will most likely just raise an eyebrow and remove the odd offending photo, when of course you should all be whipped to within an inch of your lives!o_O

Anyway, here is one I finished ages ago but never quite got around to building it up, much Like Jamie's Jack taylor it's currently sitting in dry storage.

Peachy's 1949 Claud Butler Sport Anglais. Sport Anglais 972471.jpg s-l1600 - Copy.jpg

Luckily @Jamiedyer is such an easy going reasonable chap who will most likely just raise an eyebrow and remove the odd offending photo, when of course you should all be whipped to within an inch of your lives!o_O

Anyway, here is one I finished ages ago but never quite got around to building it up, much Like Jamie's Jack taylor it's currently sitting in dry storage.

Peachy's 1949 Claud Butler Sport Anglais. View attachment 656631View attachment 656632
Whipped ! Oh matron ! 😆
We're like sheep....gates left open off we trot baaa baaa baaad!

Peachy's 1949 Claud Butler Sport Anglais.
I did ask him to remove the offending pics if needed 😁

Not sure if it's too late to enter, but here goes.....

I bought this frame on EBay back in February as it was cheap (£20) BIN and beneath the Emulsion paintjob it looked interesting with it's fastback stays.

Although badged as a Harry Quinn it turned out the Quinn headbadge was actually a photocopied piece of cardboard glued to the frame! So what was it? After a bit of investigation I am now pretty certain that it is a Pete Matthews as it has a serial number of "PM 87" and other features such as the Heart cut-out lugs and the raised Bottle Cage braze ons which seem to be Pete Matthews favourites.

I've no idea who it's been signed by....any ideas?

Attachments

• PM 2.jpg
    PM 2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 13
  • PM 4.jpg
    PM 4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
  • PM 5.jpg
    PM 5.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PM 3.jpg
    PM 3.jpg