rBoTM RBotM April 2021 - Last Lockdown Rides - Poll Up - Vote Now!!!

road Bike of The Month

RBotM April 2021 - Last Lockdown Rides

• Our Jimmy - 61 Claud Butler Super Coureur

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • John - 93 Eddie Merckx Corsa Extra

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Bagpuss - Mercian 60th Anniversary

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • nonowt - Ian Piper

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Jesper - 1970 Raleigh Sports 3 Speed

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • New Mexico Brant - 1910 Dudley Pedersen

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
RBotM April 2021 - Last Lockdown Rides - Vote Now

Welcome to the poll for last months competition, a bit late but we are there now :)

Hopefully everyone has these as distant memories and is out there enjoying the freedom to roam a bit further afield in a safe and responsible manner.
It does seem by the entries and the posts throughout the road section that people were still getting some lovely miles in just without the company and also without the social coffee, lunch stops etc. Hopefully those days are past us and it's a sociable future in front of all of us.
Here are this months entries and as is often the case, it will be hard to pick a winner from this lot.
Best of luck to all

Jamie

Our Jimmy - 61 Claud Butler Super Coureur

684AAE70-9522-4F4F-8E4E-92CA0A9635C6.jpeg
John - 93 Eddie Merckx Corsa Extra
johnEM.jpeg

Bagpuss - Mercian 60th Anniversary
Bagpuss Mercian.JPG

nonowt - Ian Piper
IanPiper.jpg

Jesper - 1970 Raleigh Sports 3 Speed
nonowtRaleigh.png

New Mexico Brant - 1910 Dudley Pedersen
New MexicoBrant DP.jpg

Not easy choice as the background kinda persuade you rather than the bike itself :)

I think for me, that's what the competition is about. Its not about judging the bike, but what riding you did in lockdown
EXACTLY!

Unfortunately, with photo shown it would appear that I rode around my spare bedroom; a lot of tight cornering, but the safest lockdown place I could be!

Last edited:
Congratulations Our Jimmy & New Mexico Brant, I think the lad will be very happy with the draw (when he gets in from school)

And with 6 entries & 25 votes it’s encouraging to see a little more engagement this month.

Last edited:
This was possibly my first vote on rBotM - didn't manage to pick a winner though! As a regular on the MTB side I tend to overlook this section a little, partly due to time constraints. It's certainly not my area of expertise and my knowledge of road bikes sits within a very small window, from about 1987-1991. I'm going to try and make more of an effort, especially as I should soon have my first road bike since my 80's Bottecchia was stolen, back in the late 90's.

Back