RBotM April 2020 - Theme - Lockdown builds - Enter Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some lovely builds coming along very nicely, thanks everyone.
Tony, don't worry about rushing it as have seen tonight we have at least another 3 weeks of lockdown ;)
Take care out there.

Jamie

To put a little fire under 'Our Jimmy' he's just started this Concorde Astore..... and he's got nothing else to do apart from play on the X-box (and ride with me for an hour of course) ;)

Build thread just started; viewtopic.php?f=23&t=409661

Attachments

• IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,987
  • 1989 Concorde Astore Team America.jpg
    1989 Concorde Astore Team America.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,735
That is lovely Peachy.
I used to have a Concorde Squadra in TSX, and it was a really lovely riding machine. Really regret selling it but at the time I needed the money.
Beautiful C Record equipped with Cabalto brakes. Mel found it for me in a race shop in Holland, in my size too at 48cm.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":lyk8qobf said:
That is lovely Peachy.
I used to have a Concorde Squadra in TSX, and it was a really lovely riding machine. Really regret selling it but at the time I needed the money.
Beautiful C Record equipped with Cabalto brakes. Mel found it for me in a race shop in Holland, in my size too at 48cm.

Jamie

Cool.... :D any idea on dating these?

Yes, Peachy, don't be shy!

You just approach it and boldly say,
"I couldn't help noticing how cool you look and what a beautiful frame you have;
Fancy coming out with me for a long shakedown, or even for a quick ride
if that's what you would prefer?!

Sorry, it is late and my mind was wandering.......

Re:

I mentioned mine in the Dawes Imperial thread, where there's a picture of its original colours. I had the frame resprayed by Mercian several years ago, and it's only the lockdown that's got me actually starting the rebuild.

I got the headset in and then found that the second-hand wheels need new bearings/cup/cone on one side in the front hub, so I'm waiting for those to arrive before continuing. (Also I realised that I had no spare cables, so those are coming too.) Storage is limited here, and a bike without wheels is particularly tricky to have hanging around, so it's better to wait till I can finish the job. Here are the new colours so far:

Dawes-respray-with-headset.jpg

It should end up with Campag 8/9 speed, but probably a Shimano chainset. Interesting mix...

Peachy!":icr6m49p said:
Jamiedyer":icr6m49p said:
That is lovely Peachy.

Jamie

Cool.... :D any idea on dating these?

I will dig out my old files as I am sure I wrote it down but I think Mel is definitely the man to ask.
Concorde Squadra
IMG_3139 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Jamie

That’s tidy... opinion seems to be our Astore is most likely to be from 1989

My Squadra is an 89 model in TSX.

**edit** I say mine, unfortunately I had to sell it a few years ago now when finances dictated, last resort but it was this or my Merckx. One of the few I regret selling, it really was such a nice ride.

Jamie

Re:

Here's my late 50s German Wim Grundewald build, which I presented in a visually more comprehensive post earlier.
The specs:
-10,5 kg/23,3 lbs
-Altenburger rear mech and front derailleur (the latter reminiscent of the Campagnolo Gran Sport, also called “TV set” due to its sqare shape); the derailleur cage had to be sourced from a Simplex derailleur.
Apart from that I was able to get
-Stronglight Competition Model 55 52/46; quite rusty but otherwise in excellent shape
-Weinmann Vainqueur 999 centre pull brakes
-Weinmann “Weltmeister” tubeless rims sporting a wooden core along with 2,5cm nipples
-Scheeren stem and Handlebars
-Lyotard 45CA quill pedals
-A Brooks professional saddle (no experiments here!)
-tires are Czech-made Tufo Diamond D28.

It took a lockdown to finally finish it.

Attachments

• 20200420_160951_resized_2.jpg
    20200420_160951_resized_2.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 2,833
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back