Raleigh Scorpio restoration

Chicken_Kev

Dirt Disciple
Hi!

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a friends Raleigh Scorpio in the bronze/orange paint job. It’s in really good condition, with most of the original parts, just a new seat and Bluemels full length mudguards. The mudguards are in decent condition, but they don’t look anything like what was originally fitted to the bike.

So, the question is, do I keep the mudguards, or do I swap them for something a bit more original looking, and if so, how do I find them? What keywords would I search for on eBay?

The plan is to restore the bike to working clean order, and use it to potter around to work and the pub. I don’t want to spend a fortune but it would be nice to have something beautiful at the end!

I’d love to hear your thoughts, and advice. I’ll keep updating my progress, and hopefully get a few photos up too.

Cheers,

Kev

Re:

Well, it’s finished!

Vintage short mudguards, new cables, a gallon of chain degreaser and two skinned knuckles!

Pretty pleased with the results. It’ll never look new, and some of the rust is too hard to shift, but it rides ok and makes me smile. Now to work out what I’m going to do with it!

Photos to come once I find a good backdrop!

Re:

Well, it’s finished!

Vintage short mudguards, new cables, a gallon of chain degreaser and two skinned knuckles!

Pretty pleased with the results. It’ll never look new, and some of the rust is too hard to shift, but it rides ok and makes me smile. Now to work out what I’m going to do with it!

Photos to come once I find a good backdrop!
please post pics. I will be doing so shortly.

Back