Raleigh Record Ace 1980 WK0 last year at Worksop info please

Re:

This is all very excellent stuff, Thanks LGF I understand the Kirk now being an original though I never really fell for the design of them, do like a nice flying gate though so a bit weird myself :D

Love a nice Mercian have a KOM in the fold myself, shame about the bottom bracket and the replacement BB not working out, lather some Araldite in there and stick a BB into it ;)

AllenH they could be brothers :D but alas mine has had a much harder life than yours, so that is the specification then well I do have a Gran Sport rear mech here but the Mercian has Campagnolo and I am partial to old Suntour gears think I will make mine a Special Edition ;) :LOL:

Thanks everyone a RRA appreciation thread sounds great, I will rename the thread again when my initial build is finished :D

Just time for a few more pics, the Maillard freewheel was given to me today by my mate I think I will be fitting it as the freewheel on there is a straight through.

Attachments

• RRA Maillard freewheel.jpg
    RRA Maillard freewheel.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 102
  • RRA 49 D.jpg
    RRA 49 D.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 101
  • RRA Handlebar boss.jpg
    RRA Handlebar boss.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 100
  • RRA Stem Side.jpg
    RRA Stem Side.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 100
  • RRA Stem front.jpg
    RRA Stem front.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 100
I might have found a triplet.

I found one on a US site with very similar numbering which is a UK made bike assembled in the US. It uses Suntour Cyclone mechs and an Raleigh branded SR chainset with drillium rings and also found this UK picture using the same kit which I reckon is correct for our frames.

I've got most of that I think so I'm going to replace the bits on mine.

Attachments

• RRA.jpg
    RRA.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 101
Re:

Fantastic, that is it, I wish I still had that chainset I have a pair of Silstar cranks that are practically the same might try to find some rings :cool: :D :D :D :D

I have a 1980 Raleigh Record Ace I'm rebuilding. The original owner brought this bike from the UK. I believe these were sold only in the UK. I kept the original wheels, brakes, and the cheap steel headset. The bike came to me with these derailleurs. I decided to install a triple crank (a shimano 600 triple). This will make a fine long distance bike.

RRALaborDay1.jpg

Back