Raleigh Dynatech Decade - regretful sale - SOLD!

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I will sell this in a few weeks. Want to finish the build im working on with it before I do so . Watch this space and Dibs here pls. Then send a PM
NB. If a ‘dibbed’ pulls out then it’s offered to
The next - BUT if someone offers to buy the complete bike they’ll get priority and a small deposit will secure it for them.

I’m currently finishing the build - I want to take some pictures and put it up against the lovely Torus XT build which will be in December BoTm. If it wins the buyer gets a can of Tenants Super to go with it !
Once that’s done I’ll bid it goodbye - BUT I want it to go to someone who’ll cherish this - not abuse it. These are very rare - I’ve no idea how Many were made, but it’s history and lineage and fact that this was a Limited Edition means it’s even more precious.
I’ve seen many Mk II Trimmel forked bikes - nearly all of them Torus - I’ve only ever seen this Decade with Mk I forks and one other on Retrobike.
It’s wonderfully light - noticeably lighter than my Bianchi Ti Reparto Corse.

So £450 is a bargain and £850 for the complete build is a bargain. If this were a mass produced aluminium American made bike with garish colours it’d have been worth a lot
More

With great regret and misgivings I’m selling my Dynatech Decade 1992 -
Has most parts period correct

It’s in lovely condition.

I don’t want to split but I guess it must be an option

There are four options:

1. Complete bike £850
2. Frame and Fork XLite Matrix Seatpost and XLite Kevlar saddle set with red XLite Ti brake bolts and red XLite Ti QR wheel skewers £450
3. Or the options above plus complete wheel set including wheels PC91 chain tyres tubes and skewers £650

4. Individual parts prices:

prices don’t includes postage - I’ll only post tracked and insured using Parcelforce Royal Mail or DHL

Hope TiGlide on Mavic 217 with XLite skewers £200
Or £250 with Goldtec Ti 8sp cassette and Sachs PC91 drilled lightweight chain
£300 with Smoke and Darts classic amber wall and conti lightweigt tubes -

Campagnolo Record OR Cantilever Brake callipers £150 complete with hangers bolts etc

FRM CU2 chainset in beautiful condition with Tange Seiki bottom
Bracket £150

Real canti Brake levers - £70

ODI Assault Grips - translucent clear - unused NOS - £30

Panaracer Smoke and Dart classic amber wall - (with lightweight super sonic tubes) ridden once. £95 the pair

Camoagnolo Seat binder bolt £25

Sachs New Success front rear and Sachs power grip extreme shifters - 8 speed complete set £100.
Or split - ask for individual prices

XLite Stubbies silver Pro Class bar ends - £30

Pictures are on my signature and I’ll upload some here
It’s changed from the Euro build on the signature - the heavy campag stuff is mostly gone replaced by some fine parts.
It now has a FRM CU2 crank chainset (1992)
NOS Sachs power grip extreme shifters
ODI Assault grips - clear
Real Canti brake levers
Silver Pro Series XLite stubbies - -
Smoke and Dart Classic amber wall
Lightweight Conti tubes

also has New decals on the Hope Ti hubs and Mavic rims.

Rest of spec is:

XLite Kevlar Seatpost
XLite Matrix saddle
XLite Ti skewers and bolts
Sachs New Success (final version long cage max 34T) rear mech -
Sachs new success final version front mech.
Sachs PC91 drilled lightweight 9 speed chain
Goldtec Ti cassette 8 speed
Mavic 217 rims - Hope Ti Glide hubs
Campagnolo Record OR cantilevers
Campag seat binder
Campag brake outers -
Sram derailleur inner and outer cables
Elite bottle cage
XTR M900 headset and Trimmel Ti forks
Weight approx 20-21 lbs

The bike is drop dead gorgeous and a keeper

I want this to go to a good home - and to be treasured. I’d rather sell the complete bike as it has some really choice carefully bought rare parts - it’s also a beautiful bike and now very light at around 20 lbs after shedding the heavy campag stuff (beautiful though it was)

Collection only from London - or buyer arrange courier.

Here’s she in full Euro livery - will take some snaps of her in boutique lightweight livery
And yes, the Red does actually glow like that
Wonderful high end bike.
(My current version is much nicer, lighter and cooler than the stock catalogue spec)

Attachments

• 375808A6-98C2-4570-81AF-EC3E4CE93619.jpeg
    375808A6-98C2-4570-81AF-EC3E4CE93619.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 816
  • 5D04EF25-30F2-4ADB-9399-148D26647B4B.jpeg
    5D04EF25-30F2-4ADB-9399-148D26647B4B.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 805
  • F9488E87-19B9-4373-A80E-A75230A49B02.jpeg
    F9488E87-19B9-4373-A80E-A75230A49B02.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 807
Re:

Hi,

Can I have dibs on the frame & forks please? Can you confirm what size frame it is?

Cheers
Ed

Re: Raleigh Dynatech Decade - regretful sale - ON HOLD pls Dib

Apologies
- it’s either 17 or 18 but I’ll check.
Frame and forks package been dibbed earlier today but potential buyer may pull out - so anyone here who’s interested pls Dib here.
Ed has second Dib on this.

NB. I should’ve stated - If anyone wants to buy the complete bike they’ll get priority.

Re: Raleigh Dynatech Decade - regretful sale - ON HOLD pls Dib

I'll take the whole bike.

Cheers
Ed

It is a beauty and I wouldn’t want to sell it to anyone outside the fold and only to someone who’d cherish it and Ed is the man!

Anyone know how many of these were built? I’m talking about the Decade limited edition package rather than MT5 frames.

Just want to add that I also own a Decade with a MK1 fork - interestingly in the MT5 paintscheme.

Maybe we can exchange the frame numbers to get an idea about the amount produced?

With kind regards,
Volker

Attachments

• 20210718_211528.jpg
    20210718_211528.jpg
    593.8 KB · Views: 23
Back