Raleigh 753 TEAM Banana Ex pro rider Resto complete

paint

i think you made the right decision - it looks superb! just goes to show what can be achieved with a full on restoration.

Lovely job....

I was in Don Valley Cycles earlier today & I spied your other creation! Another fantastic machine....

I've got an ex team issue 753 myself & if you fancy a Doncaster based retro ride give me a shout....

Thanks for the kind words,the 753 projects are getting agrip of me at the minute.The guys at Don Valley do a great job,and im keeping them busy at the moment.

i have one of steve douces banana woolen hats
bought it off him at a cycle jumble years ago
still has is name tag in it
thats my claim to fame!
still wear it in winter.
;) ;)

Decals?

Absolutely beautiful restoration there Nick, I have always loved the colour scheme of these bikes and have been keeping my eyes peeled for years for a 753 version but have never been lucky enough to get hold of one.

However I do have a 531 replica version that I would like to restore with a respray. Did you use an original set of decals? If not do you have any advice on where I can get some made?

Oh dear, about 3 years ago I had one of these frames in my shed.
Following a split from the ex the shed was cleared in a hurry and the said nana frame ended up down the tip :(

Now looking back I should of restored it and got it on the road again !

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger.

Also just found the user manual that came with it when my mum and dad bought it for me in 1989 !

What a twit !

Jon

Resoration

I do not understand the mentality of the bicycle collectors. All your bikes should all be fully restored, re-painted to better than original finnish, using modern paints and fully finished with a couple of coats of clear laquer, polish all the alloy components, re-chrome steel items.
Go to any classic motorcycle event and see what can be achieved.
There is no way those boys would not consider a complete restoration job on their machines.
What the push bike lot have to remember is, nobody takes a second glance at a scruffy, dirty machine as it implies, look at me I have what could be a nice machine to look at, but do you know what, I couldn't be arsed. All I keep reading is I havn't got the cash, absolute bollocks I say, it costs very little to restore a pushy compared to a motorcycle, you never hear the classic motorcycle boys making that cheap statement, they just get on with the job.

So come on you lot, put your tight fisted hand in your pocket and get that maching pristine.

Back