Race Face cranks - ebay issue

retrobate

Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
I have just noticed a pair of cranks for sale on ebay

I believe that they are the cranks that I won and paid for but did not turn up some time ago.

I was sent a pair of handle bars and a stem in error by the vendor. I contacted the vendor and he admitted he had made an error and said that he would contact the person that he had sent my cranks to and get back to me. Since then it has been radio silence dispite repeated messages sent. I did not want to raise a dispute as I dont know what is going on in their life but I guess it is time.
I have only just noticed the new auction and have messaged the new vendor stating that I believe that the cranks are the ones that I have paid for but not received. Should I raise this with ebay as the auction ends today?

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You say it's been radio silence and they haven't been replying to messages. The seller lists their phone number in the listing, ring them this morning and tell them you are trying one last time to resolve the issue before you pass it on to eBay as a dispute. Did you return the items sent to you by mistake?

The way I read it , is that it’s two separate sellers. So your dispute is with the one you purchased from. Raise a dispute with eBay and let them sort it out.

Yes two different sellers. I have now raised an issue with ebay re the first seller as the mobile just rings untill a recorded message says that the number is unavailable.

I still have the unwanted items as when first contacted the vendor said that he would try and arrange an exchange between me and the person that he sent my cranks to.

I have messaged the second seller in the hope that they still want the bars and stem that I was sent and that we can exchange.

Serials don't lie, they tidied them up nicely and you're not getting them back.
Will be an ebay refund.

Last edited:
I have just been messaged by the second seller who still wants the bars and stem that I was sent. They have said that they will remove the crank listing but its still up at the mo.
Fingers crossed that we can work somthing out.

You may get lucky if ebay step in and require the current seller of the cranks to send them back to the og seller as they weren't the item they actually paid for.

But I'm with fluffy, its unlikely you are going to see them, and you want what you paid for them back and rid of the bars/stem, unless of course they are of higher value than the cranks.

You may get lucky if ebay step in and require the current seller of the cranks to send them back to the og seller as they weren't the item they actually paid for.

But I'm with fluffy, its unlikely you are going to see them, and you want what you paid for them back and rid of the bars/stem, unless of course they are of higher value than the cranks.
Or nice people.

Second seller says they have tried to end the listing but cant. Sounds like you may be right guys, Im not going to see the cranks.😭

Back