R.I.P Bikeshopowner

Dear Sue,

Thank you for informing us all on the site of the sad news of Martyn's passing away.

He was very well liked and I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying that it was truely a shock to hear that sad news.

It must have been hard to post that message on the forum and I would echo other people's words admiring your bravery and strength.

My and I'm sure all our thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your boys.

Maybe in time we could organise a memorial ride somewhere in Martyn's memory. Perhaps on his favourite trail.

I'm sure I have the support of a whole online bike community when I say, if there's anything we can do...?

Best regards

Gus

Deepest sympathy Sue, My thoughts are with you and your family. I will miss his words of wisdom :cry:

Very sad indeed,

I don't frequent the site much these days and have just been told by Sid at the York Cycleworks this shocking news, I am currently at work with tears in my eyes and a very sad heart that this great person has left us and I will miss him very much :cry: .

My deepest sympathies to Sue, Oliver & Sam, as I'm sure you'll see here, he was a very popular guy, and will be missed by many.

Not only was he the guy at the Local bike shop - he was my friend.

Rest in Peace Martyn

Lee (RBG)

sue bikeshopowner

Sue I' ve been off the forum for a while looking after my wfe. My wife died of cancer on the same day your husband was diagnosed. It was 3 months from diagnosis to her death .Our daughters are 7 this week and ten years old . I am so sorry for your loss and while I can never know exactly how you feel I am going through the same s**t I guess.
I would offer help but I'm struggling myself , but I'm back online on this thread If I can do anything to help
Take care

very sad news, i only knew martyn from this site but it was obvious he was a good guy.

my thoughts are with you.

jon

Martyns funeral will be held on Monday 14th September at 11am at York Crematorium. I know he would be very honoured if any of you are able to attend, but I also know that he would totally understand if you can't make it. Donations can be made for Ward 31 at York Hospital where Martyn spent the last days of his life and was very well cared for.

Sue
x

Back