Queen Elizabeth Country Park MTB ride 17/7

Yep it's looking scorchio!

I have choice of full '87 Dawes Cougar retro, or, modern-but-retro-looking Stooge Dirtbomb..

Will probably see what others are planning to bring before deciding

Forecast looks awesome for Saturday at the moment.

Hope you've got your bikes ready, what's everyone thinking of riding?

Got mine finished just in time!

Looks great, good effort getting it finished in time. Wish I could get some more projects built.

Cheers! I was starting to think I was never going to get it finished, so it was good to have a hard deadline to keep me focused. Just spent three hours cleaning all the mud off the bugger from its inaugural ride, and sorting the inevitable puncture. Already thinking about how I'm going to get it set up tubeless ... another rabbit-hole awaits :eek:

Nice 'Dome there Tim.

Any idea if there's any parking close by that won't incur the rather steep parking charge at main car park?
Out of work currently so every penny counts

There is a car park at the back entrance of the park which is free called halls Hill. It's directly on the south downs way east of the park and south of a little village called Buriton. There is also a lay by on the A3. It's north of the park entrance and on the south bound side, not sure if there is a time limit there for how long you can park?

Thanks, I might check out the Halls Hill car park in that case, quick check on Googlemaps and it seems a good spot. Will it be easy enough to head over to the other car park to meet you guys from there?

Last edited:
Yes just head west on the south downs way and it will take you to the café. Alternatively you can wait at halls Hill for us if you like as we'll be heading that way?

Back