Proper Barn Find

dwscrimshaw

Retro Guru
Bought this from a farmer on a farm, complete with bailer twine. Judging by the state of it its been in a field rather than the barn. Still should clean up ok I hope. Looks like a 1950 Holdsworth La Quelda to me.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 3,031
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 3,033
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,016
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 3,027
Mind it doesn’t wash away when you clean it! :LOL:

PeterPerfect":3lm3ukee said:
Knowing farmers as I do, he probably took back his bit of bailing twine ! :D
Actually the picture is taken once I got it home, he didn't take i off then he helped me into the car with it! He was a really nice bloke, difficult place to find, had to ring up twice. He was out at the side of the road with it so I would see him.

PeterPerfect":1nzz97fv said:
A rare breed indeed :) . Sounds like a top bloke all joking aside.
yes, he was to be fair. He did say the gear leaver might need a bit of WD40 - That's got to be the understatement of the year!

Getting started on strip down. Nothing too serious so far, a few marks in the frame from the stand under the stays. Fortunately plenty of inner tube has been used on anything clamped on. Broke the big bolt holding the stand on while undoing it. One of the toothed washers on the rear spindle broken and that it so far.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 2,871
Ooh I like that, I can see the potential in it and for once I can't actually say done worse, so chair pulled up and popcorn at the ready.

Back