68.4 KB · Views: 565
Re: Project build 2014+

Another one of the finished bike.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1339.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1339.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 562
Re: Project build 2014+

I would like to say a massive thank you to NRG cycles in Great Ayton for their fantastic service. If anyone is looking for a great bike shop with staff who go out off their way to help customers no matter what these are the people to see.

Brief update on the new bike so far.
I could not get used to the speedplay pedals so they were changed for my Campagnolo pro fit ones taken off my Lemond until I sourced some new ones, eventually got some Favero Assioma power meter pedals after looking at several types and crank options. I will give feedback in due course if they were a sensible purchase or not. I have also changed the bar tape as the white was awful and the first lizard skins tape I have had that was of poor quality, splitting on the first ride.
A couple of things that have surprised me with the bike, the ride quality is fantastic with no aches or pains at all despite it being a full on race machine and the plasma handlebars are a revelation, comfortable and offering so much more variation over a standard bar. Over the next weeks and months I am going to look to build up a spares stock of key parts as I see bike tech moving so fast these days that my bike is already out of date, but its going to be with me for a few years yet.

Update
Sadly my Pinarello was stolen while in the hands of the bike shop servicing it, gutted to say the least, the circumstances of the theft are very upsetting. If anyone sees if offered for sale please contact me. Reward offered for its return.

Update- saw my bike posted on eBay, contacted the police and my bike was recovered. £1200 of damage and joyridden for a couple of months. Now safely home having full rebuild back to new condition.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    783.6 KB · Views: 4
Back