retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So I have had this for a while.

Bought It as a Frame and fork on a whim when I had some spare cash in the paypal account, I knew it needed some Love and Care but these were the bikes of dreams as a kid and I had to own the dream, I seem to remember these were £1500 new back then

My intension was to see to any rust issues and throw some spares bucket parts on it and use as a classy hack. so off it went to my frame guy for his professional opinion...

few days later it was back in my possesion, repaired and ready to be built up :)

BUT........... nearly 3 years later :facepalm: I had finally found the time to build it up with some excess Deore XT and took it for a spin to see how it rides and get some photos.

IMG-20190313-084043.jpg

IMG-20190313-174440.jpg

Not sure this fits in with the rest of my retro rides but glad its built up

Re:

I like that :)
I've a 1991 Proflex, not sure where it fits in either, but it's still here, so I must like it! :LOL:

Re:

Nice bike & nice to see one been ridden for a change instead of all the wall hangers, Clifford's Tower in the background to boot! :cool:

Re: Re:

Graham_hkr":1s9vmgvp said:
Nice bike & nice to see one been ridden for a change instead of all the wall hangers, Clifford's Tower in the background to boot! :cool:

I'm quite guilty of wall hanger builds normally but I feel this one just needed building in a way that suits the Frame .... Used well :LOL:

Re:

Yes, nice to see it being ridden!

These were £1400 and not easy to sell at that price. Actual bike spec was also a little different to catalogue spec. I still have the 1990 Offroad catalogue.

Looks great, really like Proflex bikes. I have had a couple of newer ones, would like to own one of the early ones one day :)

Mark

Back