Primo powerbite crank question.

Also, please do not beer can shim these grey beard, that'd not be safe for a component getting so much torque.

I've bought them, I don't think they'll work, but they need a refurb so I'll do that and pass them on, maybe I could shim the square and make them fit?

I do put less torque through them, but, they still need to be solid, I'll see, I'll post pics when I get them, it's all useful info.

I do put less torque through them, but, they still need to be solid, I'll see, I'll post pics when I get them, it's all useful info.
Be good info because I've seen similar old school cranks with square taper clamps like that and if these fit or can be shimmer to a JIS, then I may get them

View attachment 648372
It does look massive, but with the correct thickness of shim, surely that'll work?

Looks proper big aye but I suppose a shim MIGHT work, it's just I'm not sure you can achieve it with beer cans. A thicker type of aluminium sheeting? Maybe. I'd be wary of shimming cranks because even a slight bit of wobble will round off that taper really quickly.

I mean if they're proper cheap cranks I'd maybe dare getting creative with some thin sheeting and jb weld but I'm just drunkenly thinking out loud

Latest posts

Back