Primo powerbite crank question.

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hi,
Does anyone know if the square taper powerbites will fit a standard JIS mountain bike square taper bottom bracket?
I assume you're going to say no, but I'm asking anyway.
Thanks.

I believe they won't, the taper is slightly different on the spindle that comes with them IIRC.

Did you take a look at the Enos?

I did, but I couldn't find any at a reasonable price, I've seen a set of primos but I'm getting mixed messages about the square? I might just get them and see, then sell them on after a good polish.

I did, but I couldn't find any at a reasonable price, I've seen a set of primos but I'm getting mixed messages about the square? I might just get them and see, then sell them on after a good polish.
They may clamp on well enough, but I'd imagine that they're designed for a different taper than ordinary JIS. But give it a go. I looked around online as well and found little reference to people using them with JIS bbs.

No info, I think it's a secret.
I mean to my understand you knock them unto the spindle in a similar fashion to 48 and 8 spline cranks and then once slightly snug, tighten the clamp, yes? My guess is that they can accomodate various square type spindles but the question is if they will remain snug. Interested to know. Keep me posted.

When installed get up on them and get your weight pushing down on them, out of the saddle to make sure there's no movement at all

Just been reading a bit about them and to quote "Super large square taper" so it sounds like they are oversized so I doubt they would fit a normal taper...

Just been reading a bit about them and to quote "Super large square taper" so it sounds like they are oversized so I doubt they would fit a normal taper...
That's my concern as well but there's so many pictures of the cranks and in some pictures they look humongous and in other it looks rather ordinary

The holes that is

Back