Pretty sure its not a Bontrager Privateer

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bontrager-Pr ... SwAyZgICKp

Most everything except the wheels. Listed as a privateer but the gussets look a bit long, the stem looks a bit fancier and I *think* the seat stays are stepped - although the photos aren't great.

Didn't sell at £150 and just relisted. I'd take a punt on it actually being a Race , but there's no postage.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks like the cable guides are brazed on, from what I can see. Not sure what years this applies to?

Its '94 plus - the front mech routing changed to work with top pull mechs around then.

This one won't have the little roller under the mech.

Re:

slackboy":2tfri2cy said:
Its '94 plus - the front mech routing changed to work with top pull mechs around then.

This one won't have the little roller under the mech.

It doesn't have the horizontal dropouts of the earlier frames either. It looks like a Medium at a glance...

I'm about 10 minutes down the road and can probably collect, if anybody fancies a punt :)

It’s interesting but it ‘needs talc’ and that always makes me sneeze so I’m out .. :D

I’ll get my coat..

Re:

Ah … you're right re the lack of horizontal dropouts. I saw them sticking out rearwards and thought they were the original Cannery plate dropouts, but looking really closely you are right, they are not the early pattern....

Back