Prestige Marin Team/Team Issue - differences

Are they identical to the stock marin one? I thought these were more individual builds?

Heres the only catalogue entry ive got for the production version of that ( but it was not really what i was looking for!) . Its near the bottom of page 1.

Pretty sure they were frame only in the early days, maybe built to order. Not sure about the geometry but I assume it was a bit like the Kona Hot where it was made is the USA with standard geometry but custom paint, and possibly braze ons

I thought there were 2 version, the teesdale designed and built , kinda hand made more bespoke version and version designed by keely burr which was production.?

Marin were definatly featuring a fully built off the shelf version in the catalogue designed by kelly burr with the monostay.

But like i said its not what i was really looking at.

Anybody know for sure.....speculation and assumption being the mother of all cock-ups

Last edited:
In fact, does anybody have any more info about the tetbury link or their operstion in general?

In fact, does anybody have any more info about the tetbury link or their operstion in general?

Is it Tom Teesdale you're referring to or is Tetbury someone else?

This French article, from 1990 I think, shows the Team Marin constructed from Tange Prestige tubing with a Tange fork. The Team Issue available as a frameset (with a choice of components) built from True Temper tubing and a straight blade Prestige fork.

Marin 90.PNG

This French article, from 1990 I think, shows the Team Marin constructed from Tange Prestige tubing with a Tange fork. The Team Issue available as a frameset
Thats interesting. Its certainly the monostay design too. Is that 90 or 91 for sure ? As from the uk catalogues theres no full bike team issue till 92. But the usa version has it in 91. A frame only in europe in 91 would make sense?

It would be interesting to know if all the monostay designed bikes carry your odd numbering system. As it suggests they were all made outside of marins main factories.

Thats interesting. Its certainly the monostay design too. Is that 90 or 91 for sure ? As from the uk catalogues theres no full bike team issue till 92. But the usa version has it in 91. A frame only in europe in 91 would make sense?

It would be interesting to know if all the monostay designed bikes carry your odd numbering system. As it suggests they were all made outside of marins main factories.

I'm pretty sure that image is from 1990 Euro catalogue as it has the splatter Muirwoods, Palisades and Eldridge in it. I've seen another team issue which doesn't follow the numbering system of mine, or the regular system. Tom didn't build a huge quantity of Team Issues, I don't think. Not sure if anyone else in the USA built them too

Wow, this thread has all of a sudden become absolutely riveting!

Really enjoying following along.

Or at least trying too!

Thanks guys.

Now I'm very curious if what I have coming is in fact what it's claimed to be. And if so, where in the above story it falls, in terms of where and when it was built, and by whom!

Getting an American bike from Europe shipped "back" to America 30 years later sure adds to the fun!

Meanwhile...

Now I know a straight blade Prestige fork exists!

I wish I didn't.

Because now I'll be wanting to find one.

Latest posts

Back