Poor quality work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nob":1wse04zz said:
That's an awful paint job & the decals look to have been stuck on by a 5yr old
shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif

Absolutely, I had Greg Softley make up a custom set of decals, gave the company CLEAR instructions of how they were to be fitted with every original photo for reference; he fitted the seat tube lettering horizontally instead of diagonally and said 'I wasn't happy firing decals in a way they were never designed to be fitted'...OH and he told me AFTER I had transferred the money for payment!
The BB shell has overspray inside, needs facing and chasing as does the head tube.
I'll put up more pics later;
I'm giving the guy an opportunity to put things right before I name, but will do if the negative response continues.
I suggested I bring him the frame, I'm 2 hours drive away tho'
Here's a photo showing absence of pearl clear coat on chain stays:

Here's the lovely paint on my Carlton by comparison
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx5qdfe74rtun ... pearl1.jpg

Attachments

• Losa Bellini04.jpg
    Losa Bellini04.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 222
Two hour away by car isn't a huge distance, personally I would make an arrangement to see them and take the frame for inspection. If they know about retrobike I would ask the mods to lock the thread as well just in case something too inflammatory gets posted.

Legal action will just get messy for your two hundred quid. Sleepless nights and high blood pressure.

Other option is to walk away, take the hit and get it done again somewhere else.

Shaun

Midlife":2ata5hmk said:
Two hour away by car isn't a huge distance, personally I would make an arrangement to see them and take the frame for inspection. If they know about retrobike I would ask the mods to lock the thread as well just in case something too inflammatory gets posted.

Legal action will just get messy for your two hundred quid. Sleepless nights and high blood pressure.

Other option is to walk away, take the hit and get it done again somewhere else.

Shaun

good advice, life's too short...I'll ask thread to be locked.

I don't think you have to worry about inflammatory comments it seems there is an obligation to other people wanting spray jobs and they should be aware of what to expect from a professional and technical point of view.
I was personally commenting my own opinion and help you to decide what to do?
I was very pro towards the company spraying as I'm neutral to this types of situations unless I've seen evidence clearly there is so much evidence mounting for your case. (pictures speak a thousand words)
Now don't get me wrong I know people make mistakes, but is what you do after that counts and that's what is upsetting about this situation, that you have spoken to them already and got poor feedback for a resolution?
I genuinely feel sorry for you as you seems quite a patient chap, but hope you're pride and joy gets fixed and quickly at that!
Anyways I won't comment anymore as life is too short, but I'm sure there is a principle at stake here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back