Pitmedden “night” ride - Sat 27th November - Postponed due to Arwen

Bizzare, I have:
1/- working brakes
2/- working indexed gears
3/- working suspension both front and rear
4/- working lights, back up batteries, back up lights

This is both unusual and unsettling, something is bound to go wrong, better do extensive testing on Friday🤔

Nope, just means circling the waste ground at back of Loanhead, cycling through gears etc to try to cause malfunction then fixing it. Never had a run with you guys without a mechanical issue so I am suspicious🤣

Jeez, just realised I'll need to "prepare" my bike after the weekend up at Badaguish, it's still a "bit" dirty, was just lubed after the rides.

I wouldn't worry, I just wire brush the rust off the chain and carry on 😆
I have actually charged my lights up this time though 🙂

Looking forward to this, gonna be a decent group of us.

And better yet, jocks new helmet won't be visible in the dark lol

Only one concern, the storm🤔
As my trip involves crossing a big bridge thing, the very strong winds forecast might interfere with my attendance plus my neighbour and his mates have been unforthcoming on their commitment to this idea.
Only time will tell.

Nae need to brush off the rust, chain lubed after wet rides or bike hosed down after mucky ride.
My lights are mostly new but will bring some of old ones too, they were all charged up for last weekend in Cairngorms but not used.
Looking like needing to batten down the hatches the morra....

Bizzare, I have:
1/- working brakes
2/- working indexed gears
3/- working suspension both front and rear
4/- working lights, back up batteries, back up lights

This is both unusual and unsettling, something is bound to go wrong, better do extensive testing on Friday🤔

Awaits Velo’s next post from a&e.

Nae need to brush off the rust, chain lubed after wet rides or bike hosed down after mucky ride.
My lights are mostly new but will bring some of old ones too, they were all charged up for last weekend in Cairngorms but not used.
Looking like needing to batten down the hatches the morra....
and mind tie yer hair doon!!

Back