Pinarello Montello 1984 - SALE WITHDRAWN

Re: Pinarello Montello 1984 Size 56cm

legrandefromage":lcv4v2t4 said:
Yes, but... they could of waited or at least looked up a set first.

Oh I fully agree with that just saying that those levers won't fit any other way, personally I wouldn't have fitted them the way they have either.

and the ingredients are there to easily knock up a set with the spares they have lying around

especially after this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=404616

Attachments

• nuovo shifters.jpg
    nuovo shifters.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 577

All fair comments guys, I did not build it and I have discussed the bike with those that did.

All our components are gifted to us and we do not buy the right bits as with the prices of such things we would be defeating the purpose of the charity.

My thoughts and several of the old school roadies who work or volunteer at the Bike Station are that it should never have been built up in the first place. The frame and forks are worth enough on their own.

I must however defend our mechanics, they are all fully qualified but at times there is too much emphasis on punting out the kit that might sell for good money so a "that'll do" ideology sometimes creeps in. We should have waited for better bits. Hopefully we will learn from this.

The paint description of Cromovellato is based on someone else's researches, yes it might just be straight paint.

I am hoping it might be stripped back down and sold as components only. Watch this space.

As for the pictures, I am a rubbish photographer but I will endeavour to improve. :oops:

as there is no drive side pics, most you can glean is brakes are GS, possibly chainset too, brake levers most likely Triomphe, pedals look like knock offs, headset and seatpost are not Campag, and you can’t see the mechs which could in fact be anything ! Also,its flat paint, not Cromovelato. This bike is £500-600 max, what you see listed on Ebay is not what its worth, its what the sellers want. Sold listings will tell another story

Thanks.....I think :?

As in the previous post I made, we are aware of issues and will attempt to rectify.

Back