Pinarello Banesto Team Bikes by Pegoretti ?

Re:

Hi,

Agreed they overkilled the frame with so many decals!

Well he was contracted by Pinarello to built frames with Gino Milani who was his father in law. They also built for other companies besides Pinarello too.

Dario did design these custom tubesets with Dedacciai, and from what I've read and heard he did all the TIG welding on these Pinarello's too.

BTW, this frame was originally red but was rechromed by the previous owner as the paint and decals weren't in good shape.

He also designed and built the Dynalite model which is very similar to the Radius model, except it doesn't have the squared junctions which are designed to make the frame stiffer. If you can find these models in your size they are definitely worthy of your Pegoretti collection!

Regards,

Toby

Dario's direct involvement in physically making a particular Dyna or Radius is captured on a long thread / post here:

https://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f ... 44-13.html

He said something to the effect of, "Yes, it's possible." As a side note, it was kind of mesmerizing to read his direct responses to readers questions.

So at a minimum, he had direct involvement in the design, etc., and there is a possibility he may have laid hands on a particular frame. Basically the same could be said of a Pegoretti; his company, but he employed craftsman to help produce frames.
In any case, they are all sublime riding bikes, and I'm very pleased to ride one!

Reactions: CTK
Re:

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up.

Yes thats more than likely the case, apparently he had built more than 10k frames, and I know for a fact his team all have a part to play in the process of building frames. I know that Pietro definitely can TIG weld and braze. And some of the other guys are involved with painting and preparing tubes for welding/brazing. I don't think its all done by one man and a welding torch!

And finally they ride wonderfully! But all different in there own way. I finished building the Radius yesterday and went for a quick ride to see how it felt, I was very impressed how lively yet stiff and comfortable it was. I then took my Luigino for a quick spin to compare as I haven't ridden it in a while, and can say it feels wonderful too, but different feel on the road. Stiff as it has O/S Excell tubing.

Toby

When I visited Dario in 2018 his routine was welding in the morning and painting the Ciavete schemes in the afternoon. It was pretty evident that the workshop was working like a well-oiled machine with systems and materials all worked out. There were others painting and mitring while I was there , and even my bike geometry seemed to evolve quickly from practised design principles that just needed the rider's measurements to be inputted and fine-tuned. Dario had done a lot of the hard work developing the tubesets and details and now was enjoying the fruits of his efforts.
It was not surprising that the boys could continue after he had passed given how much the work was shared.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm glad to see this thread about Banesto bikes & Pegoretti is live again ;) I'm very happy with my '94 Oria Cromovan I ride regularly , and a keralite/oria alu one is under build....

For the one on ebay, I'd recommend also to look for the serial number . Banesto team bikes had a specific numbering schema...

I'd look for the initial of the rider, the fame number for that rider, and the number of frames made that season for example, but for sure anyone with more expertise can better say. Question is, did Pegoretti build Banesto bikes others than for the riders ?

Re:

Thanks again Retro Guru. Super helpful and interesting.

Is there a registry somewhere to check serial numbers once you have it?

I'm affraid I don't have it. That was info I've seen on different bikes advertised here and there during my pegoretti's research ...

Back