bike 2 edit.jpg.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 779
  • bike 3 edit.jpg.jpg
    bike 3 edit.jpg.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 779
  • bike 4 edit.jpg
    bike 4 edit.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 779
For me, the bars would be much comfier if you twisted the whole thing round by about 20 degrees, so the logos on the bars face forwards rather than up.

Always good to see someone elses efforts. The standard of bike tlc and attention to detail of lots of bikes on this site often amazes me.

Looks to me like you have a good project going there and I'm sure you'll work on it more as you go along. I've been told I have my brake levers up too high but I've got small hands and it works better for me that way!

So - as other posters have said maybe some elbow grease on some of the parts and some tweaking in the set up and it will be a great bike!!

I've had loads of useful tips from the good folk on this site!

Bike looks great, good work! Agreed needs a clean though.

I have the same Manitou's on my RTS, how are your elastomers? I find I get a clunk whenever the front wheel leaves the ground.

Cheers for the feedback guys, it is set up comfort wise for me perfectly. The brake leavers are just right for my small hands and the bars feel just right, I am however after curved, bull style bars. It's my primary mode of transport at the moment so it's filthy but I intend at some point to give it a good scrub!! The forks do clunk a little when I lift the front end but I plan to replace them with Kona project two rigid forks fairly soon, as I'm not in to suspension. It was a freebie so I won't complain and I'm sure that it will keep me entartained for a while yet :D

Back