Pics of your current fleet

Bridgstone Grandtech GR-27:
There cannot be many of these about? I have only seen a picture of one in a book by Michael Embacher which featured iconic bicycle designs .
A piece of real bicycle engineering from the mid 1980's. Build in Japan as I understand it?

Lots of Bridgestone bikes in Japan, ranging from common shoppers and utility bikes up to classy lightweights - a lot of the frames used in Keirin leagues are built by the company to the regulation NJS standard. My daughter owned a utility Bridgestone which she used for commuting to her teaching jobs until she returned to the UK this year.

There cannot be many of these about? I have only seen a picture of one in a book by Michael Embacher which featured iconic bicycle designs .
A piece of real bicycle engineering from the mid 1980's. Build in Japan as I understand it?

I have that same book, which is why I recognised it immediately. The 700c GR-27 seems to be pretty rare, the later 26" and 24" wheel versions are more common. If you are in Asia, that is.

Here's my lot , the Roberts is the wifes all the other crimes are mine .

Attachments

• P1050354.JPG
    P1050354.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 32
  • P1050355.JPG
    P1050355.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 31
  • P1050357.JPG
    P1050357.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 29
  • P1050358.JPG
    P1050358.JPG
    462.6 KB · Views: 26
  • P1050359.JPG
    P1050359.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 28
  • P1050360.JPG
    P1050360.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P1050361.JPG
    P1050361.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P1050362.JPG
    P1050362.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 30
I like that Riva Sport! Would that be the French Riva-Sport or the British Riva? Or another Riva, maybe?
British , I assume . The threads are all English as is the Reynolds decal . Precious little information about them on the net , it's a beautifully put together frame though .

British , I assume . The threads are all English as is the Reynolds decal . Precious little information about them on the net , it's a beautifully put together frame though .

Thanks, that would have been my guess. That seat cluster just doesn't look French ...

Thanks, that would have been my guess. That seat cluster just doesn't look French ...
No worries . Without being rude to the French , I hope it isn't ! {Pretty sure it isn't} I'm trying to confine myself to British bikes . I'd like to know more about it myself . I think it was trying to find something out about it that brought me to Retrobike .

Let's see if we can keep this thread going for a bit.

My Mann-Libertas. The bike that came along to my only visit to Eroica Britannia so far, in 2018:

1k0.jpg

Mrs non-fixie had brought her Mercier mixte for that event:

IMG_20180617_104458802 (2).jpg

A French-inspired fantasy build:

1k0.jpg

Unidentified bike I picked up for peanuts and refurbished on a shoestring budget:

1k0.jpg

I usually ride an early 1990s Dawes Audax (the 531c version with horizontal dropouts) as my daily transport, but my head has been turned by this beautiful 1991 Mike Mullett road bike. This has its own thread, but I'm so captivated by it that I thought I'd mention it here too. I've been using this for my 30 mile round commute recently and I'm absolutely smitten! Handbuilt 753, full Shimano 600 and all for two hundred quid!
The Dawes is also pictured, with my home brewery in the background. As lovely as the Mullett is, if I had to get rid of all my bikes but one, the Dawes is the one I'd keep. It does everything: fast road rides, long day rides, light touring... everything. I can remember reading about the new Dawes Audax in the bike press in the 1990s, and really wanting one, so when this one came up on Ebay in 2018 I jumped at it an got it for a hundred quid.
The last pic is one of three current projects (the others are a modern Genesis Equilibrium and a 1984 Peugeot PGN10 which i have no pics of). It's a 1980 Fred Williams road bike which I was given by a friend who'd owned it since new when he was bought it for his 14th birthday. It's in bits at the minute while I scrape together the money for a respray, but I've got a more or less complete Shimano 600 "Arabesque" groupset for it, as well as some proper drop bars and top end Weinmann brakes.
Other then the Peugeot, everything else I've got is modern. A Kona Paddywagon fixed wheel (a challenge on the Forest of Dean hills!), a Dawes Galaxy in Reynolds 853 (an ebay bargain at about £250) and the Genesis. By far the most used of all these is the Dawes Audax.
What are the mudguards on the blue one?

Back